This recipe is dedicated to Jennifer.
Preamble: Jennifer, before start cooking it, ask your mother to call me on Skype, so she's busy with me and she cannot see what you are doing in the kitchen, eh?
Here's the recipe of Spaghetti alla Carbonara without olive oil and without butter
400g / 14 oz dried spaghetti
175g / 6¼ oz piece smoked pancetta, rind removed
1 onion, finely chopped
3 large eggs, beaten
1/2 glass of milk
50g /1¾ oz pecorino sardo (Sardinian pecorino), finely grated - I use Parmesan insted of pecorino (I don't like pecorino)
salt and ground black pepper (black pepper is an optional; if you don't like it, don't put it!)
1. Bring the water to the boil in a large saucepan with salt. Add the spaghetti and cook for nine minutes, or until al dente. Don't let it cook too long!
2. Meanwhile, cut the pancetta like cube, or cut it into small pieces if the pancetta is thin
3. Beat the eggs with the milk, the pecorino or Parmesan and some salt
4. Heat a large, deep frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the pancetta and the onion, and fry until lightly golden.
5. Drain the spaghetti well, tip into the frying pan with the pancetta and onion, add the beaten eggs and half the grated pecorino cheese or Parmesan and toss together well.
6. Season to taste with black pepper, if you like it. The heat from the spaghetti will be sufficient to partly cook the egg, but still leave it moist and creamy. Take to the table and don't wait too long before eating it: it is good only if it's eaten very warm!
Here's the picture: I've cooked it today!
|Only registered users can see links on this forum!|
Register or Login on forum!
Tip: after eating, you should wash the dishes, eh? Add some white vinegar to the water, so the bad smell of eggs goes away from the dishes.